Monday, March 1, 2010

Sleep talking


So JD and I had a fun conversation this morning. He is really good at talking in his sleep. He opens his eyes, smiles a goofy smile, and sometimes I can even get him to walk around before he gets grumpy and crawls back into bed. Unfortunately most of the time I am only half awake and not with it enough to take advantage. Like this morning.

Hanna: *clambers over JD to turn off the alarm*

Evie: *makes waking up noises*

JD: Look out, they are behind you!

Hanna: Wha?

JD: A unit – they’re children.

Hanna: Ah. Um?

JD: *patronizing tone* They’re the military Hanna.

Hanna: Oh.

JD: They’re full of British children.

Hanna: *snuggles back down on her pillow and wonders if Evie will go back to sleep*

JD: *deep breathing sleeping noises*

I know I do this too so I have to wonder – are there days that we have complete conversations with each other and don’t even know it because we are both asleep?

It is obvious that JD’s half of the conversation was inspired by his bed time reading (WWII history) and the fact that his subconscious was hearing Evie wake up. The conversation would have become extremely interesting if I was also talking in my sleep… considering my bed time reading was about a Native American shapeshifter who was hunting down a demon-possessed vampire in order to save her four werewolf and vampire friends.

JD: Look out, they are behind you!

Hanna: Stab it in the heart!

JD: A unit – they’re children.

Hanna: No! You have to cut off the head!

JD: *patronizing tone* They’re the military Hanna.

Hanna: Burn the body... it's the only way to be sure.

JD: They’re full of British children.

Hanna: Where did the head go?

No comments:

Post a Comment