Thursday, March 11, 2010

Evie's doctor appointment



We finally had Evelyn's doctor appointment today and of course one more thing went wrong. When we got there at 8:30 we discovered that the computer system was being glitchy and had spontaneously cancelled her appointment.

ARG!

Luckily for my sanity and the safety of everyone around me they paged the doctor and she was willing to see us. YES!!!!! Something goes right!

She gave me a light cortisone scrip for Evie's cheeks. If it is not cleared up in a week or two I am going to request a dermatologist consult. I am a little nervous about putting steroid cream on a baby, but I guess there is no way they could just wave a magic wand and make it better. Even if we half hope that they will.

She also had her 4 month check up and SHOTS poor baby.

Ian was VERY nervous about the shots. I think he asked me 'is Evie going to get a shot now' about 15 times while we waited for the doctor. When they gave her the shot he hid under the doctor's desk.

Evie did great for her shots -- she even made the nurse cry. After the first outraged scream she settled into squeaky little whimpers, trembling pouty lips, and big tears rolling down from her huge blue eyes as she accusingly watched the nurse. I can't wait to see the first time she turns that act on her Papa. He's toast.

Her new stats are:
  • 24 1/4 inches (50th percentile)

  • 13 pounds (38th percentile)

  • 16 inch head circumference (68 percentile)
So despite the fact that she looks like a very chubby little baby, she's not actually that big. Either that or there are a lot of really fat babies out there these days, which sadly might be true. Her brother was one of them. But it was wonderful, adorable fat of course!

Her head is also quite normal, but on the large size (which we knew). Ian's head was literally off the chart and the doctor consulted me about getting him a helmet if it kept growing the way it did. I should have brought in some of the family pictures mom has -- she would have seen it was just genetics!

So basically we found out what we already knew -- there is probably nothing we can do about the rash, and she is a smaller, more delicate version of Ian.

He could make the nurses cry too.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad they found out what was the problem with Evie's rash - hope she is feeling 100 percent very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just glad we got through the appointment without earthquakes or other natural disasters intervening. *g*

    ReplyDelete