Sunday, January 24, 2010

Home again home again…


Ian and Papa enjoy a short snowball fight while we are trying to get to our car and go to the store. Boys.

It has been a seriously white Christmas and a completely white January. I don’t think there has been a single day without snow on the ground. Every time it snows I am surprised all over again.

I seem to finally be getting my act together and can do more than just keep the two kids alive. I rearranged Ian’s room in preparation of moving the big crib in for Evie once we get her to start sleeping in something other than the swing.

I got the idea of putting the dresser in the closet from something Mims did in James’s room and it frees up a lot of space. Here is Ian modeling the new look.



Oh yes... and we finally got rid of our huge TV! The TV was wonderful and lasted over 10 years with no problems… but it weighed over 200 pounds and the only thing that could hold it up was an industrial rack system we bought at Lowes. We picked out a new living room set at Ikea… but before we could get it we needed to get rid of the old TV and get a new one. A BIGGER one.

It is monstrously large, but about 1/3 the weight of the old one. The old one was sent to its new home in a frat house. God help it. And we got a new, pretty TV stand. I feel proud of the stand. I went and got it at Ikea and managed to get it to my car and into my car while wrangling two kids with multiple potty and nursing breaks. *flex*

I also managed to get Ian to the hair dresser. I don’t know why I wait so long – he is in and out in 10 minutes and it only costs $16. Well, I guess $16 for 10 minutes is a lot… but it is worth it. Mommy’s hair cuts made him look like Moe from the three stooges.

He was very brave up until she got the buzzer going. That's when I had to pull out the camera and distract him by telling him we were going to take pictures to show Papa when he got home. It worked but then Ian insisted that the rest of the day also had to be camera documented "for Papa."

In other fun news Erin and Dave gave us tickets to Sesame Street Live for Christmas and we had a blast!

The name of the show was Elmo’s Green Thumb. Ian very seriously told me that Elmo couldn’t have a green thumb because Elmo is red. Hehe.

After seeing the Chace kids again I have to say – could they be any cuter?? Neil blows me away, he is so smart, and Genny is amazingly outgoing and not shy about communicating with the older kids. My only regret is that I don’t see them enough for them to be comfortable with me, so I have to keep snuggles to a minimum.

Ian was a little braver at the show this year. He actually spent some time sitting on his chair rather than on JD’s lap. But he was also quite content in the middle of the row and couldn’t be convinced to dance in the aisles or go touch the characters. He watched everything very carefully but couldn’t stop talking about the show afterwards.

We went to Red Robin for lunch and milkshakes after. Mmmmm. Erin is looking great. Very round and glowing. Only 2 more months to go!

Here is a pic of Ian showing off Papa's cool phone to Genny. She is more interested in dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment