Monday, February 1, 2010

First day of school!


Today was my first day back at work, Ian's first day back at school, and Evelyn's first day at school ever! She seemed really excited. Ian... not so much. He is just not a morning person.

All maternity leave he was waking me up at the ungodly late hour of 8:30 (yeah, I'm lucky), but today it was back to dragging him out of bed at 6:30, kicking and grumbling. And as soon as he was dressed he crawled right back in.

Evie, on the other hand, was all smiles and laughs. Even though I woke her up from a sound sleep, changed her diaper in a cold room, and forced her to eat when she was trying to have a conversation with me, she was all smiles and laughs as I belted her into her car seat. I am sure she will learn to hate mornings as much as the rest of humanity, but until then it is very sweet.

Once Ian got to school he was off like a shot, heading straight for the blocks and his buddies. They were SO excited to see each other. At the end of the day when I came to pick him up he pretended not to see me so he could play just a little bit longer.

Evie also had a great time. Usually she takes 3 hour naps but today there was so much interesting stuff to see she couldn't keep her eyes closed for more than 1/2 hour at a time. She was looking around and making noises about everything. She had BIG smiles for her teachers and had no problems being handed over to them when I left.

I was able to go in and nurse her several times which was really nice. Nothing breaks up the day like a warm baby and a shot of nursing endorphins. *grin*

Work-wise it was a very quiet day. I went over my list of things to do and tackled the great and powerful Agile. And tomorrow I get to do it again from home. How cool is life right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment