Thursday, September 17, 2009

How to turn your husband into a cornered animal


I was just thinking that maybe I was a little unfair in saying that JD looked like a cornered animal whenever I tried to bring up the subject of baby names with him. What I should have said was that his wife radar was going crazy and he was looking for the escape route.

For example, I can imagine the conversation going something like this:

Me: What names would you like to add to the list?

JD: I like Tabitha a lot.

Me: Ooo, Tabitha is a nice name… hey, wait a minute.

JD: *wife radar starts beeping*

Me: Wasn’t that the name of that hot chick in high school?

JD: Uh…

Me: Dude! WTF? It WAS the name of the hot chick!

JD: She was really nice.

Me: True. But she was still hot and I KNOW you noticed. Pick another name.

JD: *starts looking like a cornered animal*

So I must admit that any avoidance of the naming subject was not because of a lack of caring… but because he is a very smart and very well trained husband.


*grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment