Saturday, September 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Teddy!


Our new cousin, Teddy, was born 11:23pm Friday, September 18th, 2009. He was 6 lbs 15 oz, and 19 3/4 inches long.

It sounds like Mom and baby had a tough time of it. 23 hours of labor followed by an emergency C-Section. From what Mom told me the labor very much resembled the tough time I had with Ian. But, like me, Nic and Gwyn ended up with a beautiful little boy afterwards.

Now the fun really begins! I am trying to imagine what Gwyn must be doing right now. Sleeping (hopefully), figuring out how to breast feed (painfully), and examining the little guy for signs of personality.

I remember with Ian I watched every expression, attempting to divine what kind of person he was going to be. Happy-go-lucky? Serious? Daring? All I could really tell is that he looked grumpy, and he was SERIOUS about eating. Kid latched on like a piranha.

I can't wait to get more pictures of Teddy... from what I have seen he looks tiny and precious. All our love to him, his Mom, and his wonderful Dad. We are so proud of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment