Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The clean condo


I've been MIA recently for a few reasons.

Reason 1: My wonderful beautiful little camera, that I loved so much, disappeared. Have I mentioned this before? I think I must have... a couple times... because look what appeared in my mailbox a couple of days ago!

An overly innocent mother mentioned that I should be receiving "something" in the mail.

I almost died when I saw what it was.

I immediately took several pictures before realizing there was no memory card. Nooooooooooooooooooo!

So then I went to Target, got a memory card, and took a few more pictures.

This camera is even smaller and cuter than my old camera and it is BRIGHT blue so should be easily spottable from wherever I might put it down.

Just to compare, here is the camera I have been using for the last few weeks (it 5 mega pixels vs. the new one which is 10 mega pixels):

So now that one can go back to peaceful retirement, thank goodness. :)

So, camera luv aside, here is...

Reason 2: We have been cleaning and packing and cleaning and packing in an attempt to make our condo showable. I put together another blog to show off the results.

http://www.41chatham.blogspot.com/

Upon sending out an email about the condo site I received the following comments:

From Mom: My God! When I said to keep personal items out of the picture I didn't think you would completely empty the place out! If you mean to keep it clean, does that mean live with no furniture? What did you do with all the computer things? Oh Geez! Amazing, what a job.

From Mims: Where did all your stuff go? I have never seen it so clean!

From Hill: Yeah for creative writing!!!!! You could become a real-estate agent!!! (OK this part is a little mean) OMG! That's the CLEANEST I have EVER seen your house - you mean business!!!

From Papa: Ok Hanna, what did you do with all your stuff? You must have moved it from room to room.... (!) Good luck with the sale. do you have another place under raps? Papa.

Can you tell that I might be a teensy weensy bit of a slob? *grin* And maybe, just maybe, I might have a bit of packratism.

When I took those pictures we were definitely depending on the magic of camera angles, but since then we have actually moved enough into the storage unit that it is almost possible to keep it clean on a daily basis (if only we didn't have to do laundry).

We also went and contacted a realtor to sell the condo, and today JD gave him the keys. We have a realtor to buy a new place and are actually going to go look at one this weekend. In addition, I've put together a little flyer to send around to the owners. Hopefully all this will come together and result in us, living in an actual house, by this time next year.

And just because I can, here is some more new camera luv:

No comments:

Post a Comment